The beauty industry is constantly introducing new ways to alter eyebrows, whether it’s through shape, color, or density. If you want to update your appearance, consider making changes to your eyebrows. You can try bleaching them (using concealer for a temporary change), or go for a straight-across brow shape. Eyebrows are a great feature to experiment with because even small tweaks can have a big impact on your overall look. Have fun exploring different options and finding what works best for you!
Here are some tips for achieving perfect eyebrows:
- Start with clean, groomed eyebrows. Use a brow brush or spoolie to comb your eyebrows into place and remove any excess product or debris.
- Choose the right brow product for your desired look. If you want a natural look, opt for a brow pencil or powder. For a bolder look, use a brow pomade or brow gel.
- Use light, feathery strokes to fill in your eyebrows. This will help create a natural look and prevent your eyebrows from appearing too heavy or fake.
- Blend the product into your eyebrows to ensure a seamless finish. Use a brow brush or spoolie to blend the product evenly throughout your eyebrows.
- Don’t forget to set your eyebrows in place. Use a clear brow gel or a setting spray to keep your eyebrows looking perfect all day long.
Avoid filling in your eyebrows too heavily.
Ariel Tejada, the makeup artist for Kylie Jenner, advises against overdoing it when it comes to filling in eyebrows. In an interview with Glamour, he emphasized the importance of only filling in sparse areas and not the entire brow. According to Tejada, trying to fill in the entire brow can result in a “drawn-in effect” that doesn’t look natural. Instead, he recommends combing through the brows and using liner to fill in any gaps or sparse areas. This will help to enhance the natural shape of the eyebrows without looking overdone.
Filling in your eyebrows can be a great way to add volume and shape to your natural brows. However, it’s important to avoid outlining your brows and coloring them in like a coloring book. Instead, use small strokes with a pencil or brush to mimic the natural hairs of your brows. A good technique to try is starting at the arch of the brow and filling in any sparseness, then continuing to the ends of the brows, using a light hand as you work your way towards the front. This will help you achieve a natural, subtle look.
A foundation technique that can improve the appearance of your brow shape.
Ariel Tejada is a makeup artist who uses different shades of foundation to enhance eyebrows. In a YouTube tutorial, he shows how to outline the bottom bridge of the brow with a lighter-colored foundation using a flat concealer brush. He recommends blending the product down onto the eyelid with your finger because the warmth of your skin helps to blend the product. This technique also primes the area for eyeshadow. Tejada then outlines the top of the brow with a slightly darker shade of foundation to create a clean, sharp look.
You don’t necessarily need to buy two different colored foundations specifically for your eyebrows, but using a concealer or foundation that you already have can help to enhance your look and make your brow shape stand out. This technique can be especially useful for cleaning up and defining the shape of your eyebrows.